IFMSA offers many international opportunities, which is one of the Federation's greatest strengths. Through these you can meet committed students from all over the world, hear more about health care in other countries, and learn more about everything from education to disaster medicine leadership and project management. The training activities that are 3-4 day is usually called for workshops, and each year, a plurality of such activities of various member organizations worldwide. When a member organization organizes one or more workshops with international participants, or with international certificates, it is called a Sub Regional Training (SRT). Taking part in an SRT is an imagination oriented way to find new friends, better understand IFMSA, and learn more about both important subjects and himself.
Then IFMSA-Sweden think this SRTs and similar activities are valuable to our members, we have also chosen to sponsor participants with up to 1000:- per year of participation fee! You can read more about this contribution [here].
We try to publish exciting event in our Facebook page, and this calendar [here] You can also find more information about events that are going on. Do you want to receive e-mails to your inbox when new workshops are published, you can also sign up on a mailing list using the form [here]. There are an infinite number of workshops to choose from, the most frequently occurring listed further down the page.
Are you still not entirely sure how it all works, what an SRT are or what you could possibly get out of attending example, you can read a blog post about Training New Human Rights Trainers in Czech Republic [here] (in English), or a more formal report on the International Training on Disaster Medicine in Portugal [here] (svenska). In addition, you can always email [email protected] if you have any questions!
WORKSHOPS (a selection of frequent workshops)
- Training New Trainers (TNT)
- Training Advanced Trainers (TAT)
- Profesional and Research Exchange Training (PRICE)
- Public Health Leadership Training (Fःlat)
- Training Medical Edudation Trainers (TMET)
- International Peer Education Training (IPET)
- Training New Human Rights Trainers (TNHRT)
- Training Disaster Medicine Trainers (TdmT)
- International Training on Disaster Medicine (ITDM)
- HIV Education and Advocacy Training (HEAT)
- Basic Engagemeng in Advocacy for SOGI (Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity) Training (BEAST)
- Training New Exchange Trainers (TNET)
- Essential Leadership Skills
- External Representation
- … And many more!