IFMSA provides many international opportunities, which is one of the Federation's biggest strengths. Through these you can meet committed students from around the world, hear more about health care in other countries, and learn more about everything from education to emergency medicine to leadership and project management. The training activities that are 3-4 day usually called for workshops, and every year there are a number of such activities by various Member organisations around the world. When a member organization is organizing one or more workshops with international participants, or with international certificate, It is called a Sub Regional Training (SRT). To participate at a SRT is a surprisingly way to find new friends, better understand the IFMSA, and learn more about important topics and itself.
As IFMSA-Sweden think this SRTs and similar activities are valuable to our members, We have also chosen to sponsor participants with up to 1000:- per year of participation fee! You can read more about this grant [here].
We try to publish exciting event at our Facebook page, and in this calendar [here] You can also find more information about the events that are going on. Would you like to receive email to your Inbox when new workshops are published, you can also sign up to a mailing list using the form [here]. There are an infinite number of different workshops to choose from, the most common occurrence is mentioned further down on this page.
Are you still not quite sure how it all works, What a SRT is or what you could possibly get out of participating, you can read a blog post about Training New Human Rights Trainers in Czech Republic [here] (on English), or a more formal report on International Training on Disaster Medicine in Portugal [here] (Swedish). In addition, you can always email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions!
WORKSHOPS (a selection of frequent workshops)
- Training New Trainers (TNT)
- Training Advanced Trainers (TAT)
- Profesional Training and Research Exchange (PRET)
- Public Health Leadership Training (PHLT)
- Training Medical Edudation Trainers (TMET)
- International Peer Education Training (IPET)
- Training New Human Rights Trainers (TNHRT)
- Training Disaster Medicine Trainers (TdmT)
- International Training on Disaster Medicine (ITDM)
- HIV Education and Advocacy Training (HEAT)
- Basic Engagemeng in Advocacy for SOGI (Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity) Training (BEAST)
- Training New Exchange Trainers (TNET)
- Essential Leadership Skills
- External Representation
- … Och många fler!